Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 12:30 AM
SOME POINTERS BEFORE TAKING THE ECE BOARD EXAM:
A. Licensure Process
A. 1 Qualification of Applicant
1. At least 18 years of age
2. Filipino citizen or a foreigner (with reciprocity agreement)
3. Good Moral Character
4. Holder of ECE Degree or equivalent
A.2 Filing of Applications
1. At least 20 days before exam for Main Office & 10 days for Regional Office
2. Comply with the Computerized Application Form (Follow instruction in filling up)
3. Submit Application Form with the ff. docs:
3.1 Original and Copy of Transcript of Records.
- with Special Order
- Date of Graduation
A.3 Conduct in Examination Site
1. Tardiness should not exceed 30 minutes
2. Present Notice of Admission
3. Unnecessary marks to identify the examinee is not allowed
4. Verbal and sign communication is not allowed
5. Bringing out examination questions and answer sheets is not allowed.
B. Preparation of Test Questions
1. Composition of Subject
2. Electronics Engineering
3. Electronics Systems & Technologies
4. General Engineering & Applied Sciences
2. Formulation and Encoding of Questions
1. Compliance to Syllabi (Books, Publication, Laws/Regulatory materials)
2. Encoding by PRC or Board member
3. Compliance tominimumnumber of questions
4. PRC format, software, security (encryption, passwords)
3. Merging and Extraction
1. PRC and Board supervision
2. PRC format, procedure and security (place, software, encryption, passwords)
3. Compliance to PRC schedule ofmerging.
C. Conduct of Examination
1. Examiner is confined in the Confidential Roomduring the printing of the questionnaires and duration of examination
2. Extracted questions are printed in the Confidential Room just before the examination; watched by NBI, PRC Personnel and BoardMember.
3. Examination questions are released in secured boxes normally to reach the examination centers 10 minutes before the scheduled examination.
4. After examination, Examination Division account, pack and seal examinationmaterials for immediate transfer to Rating Division.
D. Correction and Release of Results
1. Reading of Answer Sheets by subjects.
1. By computer, Optical Scanner.
2. Zero human intervention.
4. PRC Supervision, procedure and security
2. Computer corrections by subject.
1. Totally machine activity
3. PRC supervision, procedure, software, personnel.
4. Initial result of correction
- no name
- only the data on the answers, scores on individual questions and the median are generated
3. Consolidation of results of all subjects.
1. Percentage weight
- Math 20%
- Electronics Engineering 30 %
- Electronics Systems & Technologies 30%
- General Engineering & Applied Sciences 20%
To pass the licensure examination, a candidate for ECE or ECT must obtain a passing rating of seventy percent (70%) in each of the four general subjects given during the examination.
A candidate who obtains a passing rating in the three subjects, but obtains a rating in one subject below 70%, but not lower than 60%, shall be allowed to take one removal examination on the subject where he/she failed to obtain the passing rating.
1. Consolidated result is deliberated with only the frequency of the grades indicated
5. Matching of the answer sheet with the name of examinee (decoding).
1. Totally computer activity
6. Printing and release of results.
1. Result of exam shall be released within fifteen (15) days after the date of exam.
*** [UPDATED] The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces who passed the Electronics Engineer ECE Licensure Examination given b...
[**New Review Centers Added] Having problems with memory retention for board exam? Problems remembering formulas or understanding the laws ...
*** [UPDATED] The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces who passed the Electronics Engineer ECE Licensure Examination given by...
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces who passed the Electronics Engineer ECE Licensure Examination given by the Board of ...
I. MATHEMATICS (20%) 1. Algebra & General Mathematics Algebraic functions Theory of equations Factorization and algebr...